Homemade Whipped Cream
Updated: Jan 22, 2020
This homemade whipped topping is quick and easy and your saving grace in a crunch. You can dress up any dessert with this whipped cream. You can top it on cakes, cookies, fruits, and pies. You can even layer it in a trifle or use it to make it banana pudding. Once you make this homemade whipped cream, you won't buy your whipped cream in a can again.
I really like having friends over for dinner or having full on parties. But what mostly trips me up is dessert! I focus so much on the main meal that the dessert becomes an after thought. I can make a simple cake like a pound cake or a pie. Let me tell you what I can do even better! #SHOP... I can go to a bakery or grocery store and pick up the tastiest looking pastry. To make it my own, I'll add a homemade whipped cream.
Making your own whipped cream doesn't take many ingredients or time. But it does take a little thought. You must make sure that all your ingredients including the mixing bowl and whisk are cold. Just pop them into the fridge for about 30 minutes to make sure that everything is chilled before you get started. (That's the secret ingredient).
Homemade Whipped Topping
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Grand Marnier (optional)
1. Place mixing bowl, whisk, and all ingredients in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Remove cold ingredients from fridge and add cream and sugar to mixing bowl.
3. Mix on medium speed for about 10 seconds.
4. Add vanilla (and Grand Marnier, if using) and beat on high for 3 - 5 minutes. Watch your whipped cream carefully. Make sure not to over mix.
5. Once your cream has made soft peaks, your whipped cream is ready. (Watch video for more detail)